Good Evening Parents / Guardians,
This is an important message from your superintendent.
I know this year has been a challenging year due to COVID. Many students struggled through the first semester while we were teaching and learning virtually. We at Coosa County Schools are going to work this summer to move our students academically. We are going to apply targeted instruction for the standards your student may not have mastered. We will be offering five different programs this summer.
These Programs will include:
1) Kindergarten thru 3rd Grade Summer Literacy Camp June 14th thru 25th and July 12th thru 23rd
2) 4th thru 6th Grade Summer School June 14th thru 25th and July 12th thru 23rd
3) 7th and 8th Grade Summer School will begin June 14th thru June 25th
9th thru 12th Grade Summer School will begin July 12th thru July 23rd
4) English Learners Summer Sessions all ages June 14th thru 25th and July 12th thru 23rd on Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:00pm-3:00pm
5) Athletic Summer Workouts 7th thru 12th graders June 14th thru 25th and July 12th thru 23rd
Times for summer learning: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm. Except for the English Learners sessions
Breakfast and Lunch provided.
Transportation will be available:
Transportation Pickup and drop-off Points: Weogufka School / Stewartville School / Goodwater School / Rockford School / Kellyton School / Peace and Goodwill Church
Transportation Pickup and Drop-off times are to be determined.
We would like for as many students as possible to take advantage of the extended school year sessions.
If your student failed a class or even just struggled with some of the grade level standards, sign them up.
Choose the program your student will attend and then fill in all the information. Provide all information and what means of transportation you will use. Thank you,
David W. Stover